Creamy Beef and Shells
The answer is both yes and no. You can be throwing away taste together with the grease when you discard it. So, there are solutions to this question.
Yes, if you used the sort that has too much fat. Too a whole lot grease is not ideal so you need to discard.
And no, in case you used greater lean meat. There is not lots grease with a purpose to broaden, so you can hold that tiny amount and now not discard it.
Hence, I strongly propose which you use extra lean meat for this one as it’d be extra flavorful. And in view that this dish has sauce, do not worry approximately it getting too dry.
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small sweet onion (diced)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 (15oz can) marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (freshly grated)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in a large pot of boiling salted water and drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, breaking it with a wooden spoon. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add diced onion, and cook for 2minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, for about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in beef stock and stir to combine. Add marinara sauce and stir in Italian seasoning, dried parsley, oregano, and paprika.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta, add back beef.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnish with parsley if desired.
view full recipe at sweetandsavorymeals
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.