Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs (with Pineapple!)
You will love the light sweetness and vibrant tang here paired with the pineapple, bell pepper and pink onion. And the chicken seems flawlessly flavorful and gentle way to the simple chook kebab marinade.
Threading the whole lot onto the kebabs may also take a touch attempt, but it’s nicely well worth it! These are so amusing for summer season events or an exciting island-stimulated weekend dinner.
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canned pineapple juice
- 4 Tbsp olive oil , divided, plus more for brushing grill
- 1 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves , minced (4 tsp)
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast , chopped into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 cups (heaping) fresh cubed pineapple (about 3/4 of 3 lb pineapple)
- 1 1/2 large green peppers , diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion , diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces
In a mixing bowl whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Stir in 3/4 tsp pepper and season with salt if desired.
Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag. Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade in refrigerator then pour remaining marinade over chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate 1 hour (meanwhile soak 10 wooden skewer sticks in water for 1 hour).
Preheat a grill over medium heat to 400°F (200°C). Meanwhile, drizzle remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil over red onion, bell pepper and pineapple and toss. Season red onion and bell pepper with salt and pepper, then thread red onion, bell pepper, pineapple and chicken onto skewers until all of the chicken has been used.
Brush grill grates with olive oil then place skewers on grill. Grill 5 minutes then brush along tops with 1/4 cup of remaining marinade. Rotate to opposite side and brush remaining 1/4 cup of marinade on opposite side.
Allow to grill about 4 minutes longer, or until chicken registers 165°F (75°C) in center on an instant read thermometer. Serve warm.
view full recipe at cookingclassy
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.