Low Carb Chicken and Zucchini Recipe Cooked in One Skillet with Black Beans
This Mexican zucchini and hen become scrumptious! Cooked with diced tomatoes, cumin, taco seasoning, topped with cheese and fresh herbs. I introduced only a cup of shredded natural Colby Jack cheese and some handfuls of cilantro and inexperienced onions. Fresh herbs are a fantastic way to feature flavour to any dish without more energy.
Enjoy! Also make sure to attempt my chook zucchini with garlic corn and zucchini bake.
- 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 1 lb boneless & skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 14 oz can low sodium black beans, drained & rinsed
- 14 oz can low sodium diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 tsp store bought or homemade taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Tex Mex or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat large deep skillet on low – medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper; saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Move vegetables to the side of the skillet and add chicken. Sprinkle with 1 tsp cumin, salt and black pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes, zucchini, taco seasoning and remaining cumin. Stir, cover and cook on low-medium for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook for a few minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with green onion and cilantro. Serve hot, on its own or with brown rice or quinoa.
Store: Refrigerate covered for up to 3 – 4 days. Do not freeze.
To reheat: Simmer on low heat in a skillet for 5 minutes covered. If you use non-stick skillet you should not need any water or oil to reheat the dish as again zucchini will release water.
view full recipe at ifoodreal
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.