Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are a snap to make and loaded with sparkling vegetables and taste! Colorful bell peppers, red onions and chook tenders truly tossed together with olive oil and spices. Squeeze clean lime juice over them after cooking, sprinkle with sparkling cilantro, wrap them in a warm tortilla and that’s it! I like smooth flour tortillas for my fajitas but corn would be extremely good too, and a bit lighter.
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast tenders
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 small red onion sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- several turns of freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- tortillas warmed
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine onion, bell pepper, chicken tenders, olive oil, salt and pepper and spices.
Toss to combine.
Spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
Spread chicken, bell peppers and onions on baking sheet.
Cook at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, until chicken reaches 165 degrees. Then turn oven to broil and cook for additional 1-2 minutes just letting the veggies pick up some color. Watch carefully to make sure they don’t start to burn.
In the last five minutes of cooking,not while the broiler is on, let tortillas wrapped in foil warm in the oven.
Squeeze juice from fresh limes over fajita mixture while hot and top with fresh cilantro.
Serve in warm tortillas.
Tortillas are not included in the nutrition facts.
view full recipes at number2pencil
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.